Pendleton Underground
The heart and soul of our community
Login - Create Account - Help
Clean out your garage on Pendleton bookoo! Or find local garage sales on Yard Sale
PCSing? Win the lottery? Explore Camp Pendleton Housing courtesy of!

Healthcare question

who's talking here?

panda soup 2
Leigh3212 2

     » send to friend     » save in my favorites     » flag dangerous topic flag as a dangerous topic

Leigh3212 --- 9 years ago -

I don't know if y'all know what it's called, but here's a shot. I forgot what the name of it is, but it's when they send you home for medical until they process the paperwork for a medical seperation or retirement.

For example, my aunt was in the Corps in Okinawa and got her knee blown out during a pt session when someone fell on her. She was given the choice to change her duties or be sent home until the last of her paperwork got sent in for a med. discharge.
Does anyone know what this is called? Thank you in advance 

panda soup --- 9 years ago -

Do you mean getting sent home like on leave, or sent home to the US? If it's just leave, maybe you are thinking of convalescent leave? 

Leigh3212 --- 9 years ago -

Maybe. She got sent back to the US. Is it possible to get convalescent leave until a medical retirement gets put through? By that I mean the person is already through the medical board and is getting out in 3-6 months. 

panda soup --- 9 years ago -

I've never heard of that and don't see it happening unless the person is really messed up. They'll just be lld until they get out. But there is (at least in the Navy) house hunting leave. I forgot how long it's for but I think it's 10 days. It's authorized for forced separations and retirements. 

page 1
Login to add your comments!

see more discussions about...


Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Ice Box

Pendleton Underground